Friday, October 30, 2015

The Power of $1

Stay tuned at the end of the post for my song of the day.

Who is a hero to you (alive, dead or fictional)? I've been inspired by a few people I consider heroes but likely the one who has had the most influence on me and who I am, would be Terry Fox. Terry went to sleep one night as a kid who had cancer and a dream, and woke up a hero. He inspired a nation to get involved, to use their voice to demand a change. He continues to inspire kids today as we remember what he did. He showed us that it only takes ONE PERSON to make a change. It takes one person to inspire a nation and remind them that anything is possible. I try everyday to be like Terry, this is how I want to be remembered.

On December 1, 2015, Jacob's Healing Rooms will be participating in #GivingTuesday, an initiative to help inspire the world to support their favorite charities. CLICK HERE to visit my GivingTuesday site. I've been inspired by Terry Fox's wish to collect $1 from every Canadian. $1 doesn't seem like a lot, but it's actually quite powerful. $1 can buy you a superhero's power - the power to change the world.

As I was looking at my blog stats the other day, I got to thinking about the number of people that come across my blog postings. If I asked for a $1 donation, the cost of a small coffee, my goal of raising $60,000 would be met quickly. Your $1 would be so powerful and would make a HUGE difference.

$1 could bring a seriously sick child happiness, laughter and hope while they are receiving IV treatments for different illnesses. Your $1 could help a young person connect to other hospital patients their age across Canada. Your $1 could entertain and distract a patient from their pain and all of the medical stuff that goes with treatment. Your $1 could inspire others that change is possible, and a single person can make a difference. Your $1 would remind people to dream big and never give up chasing their dreams.

Most of all, your $1 can give a child hope for better days ahead.

Please help me make my wish of helping other sick kids come true. Consider making a $1 donation to Jacob's Healing Rooms at Sick Kids Hospital and help me spread my message to others! To make a donation please click HERE.

Now for my song of the day - "I Need a Dollar" by Aloe Blacc.


No comments:

Post a Comment