Friday, October 16, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/16/2015): "Life's What you Make it" by The New Electric

Today's song was chosen because of the amazing message it shares with the world. The song is "Life's What you Make It" by The New Electric. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:



"Gotta aim high because life's what you make it". This is one of the basic things that living with a serious chronic and incurable illness has taught me. It would be so easy to throw my hands up in the air in defeat and go a bit off the deep end. I really don't think anyone would blame me if I did considering the journey of the past 3 years that still continues. I could easily let negative emotions like anger and bitterness take over me. I could somedays see running though the streets shouting at the world as a real option. But I don't. Somehow I take all of that negative stuff and just toss (most of) it away. Why? Because life is what you make it. I don't have control over the course my Crohn's Disease will take in the future, or the fact that the medication doesn't seem to be working. I can't control the fact that I will still likely face multiple surgeries in the future to add to the 12 procedures I've already had. But I can control what I choose for my life. I decide whether I choose the positive or allow the negative to take over. When it comes down to it, we're given a choice; stand and fight or give up everything. And in the end I choose to fight because there is no other option.

I'm aiming high, I'm aiming to change the world! "It all comes down to Happiness!"

No comments:

Post a Comment