Monday, October 5, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/05/2015): "The Remedy" by Jason Mraz

Ever have one of those days where you wake up just knowing that it's going to be a bit rougher than the day before? It's one of those days. So, today my song pick is "The Remedy" by Jason Mraz. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


Jason Mraz has some great inspirational songs out there, I'm also a big fan of "I Won't Give Up". If you've never listened to his music before, head over to YouTube and listen to a few clips, it's well worth it!

"Who says that you deserve this? / And what kind of god would serve this? / We will cure this dirty old disease".

There's a lot going on in my life right now. And that still doesn't even cover the half of it. I'm waiting for surgery #13, waiting to see about what funky thing my heart is doing, waiting to see if my treatments for the Crohn's Disease are working, and above all else, waiting to feel better. I'm tired of waiting. I'm sick of sick. Maybe that's why I'm sick. This cold/flu bug is really digging in hard, and without an immune system, it's going to be a knock-down drag-em out fight I'm sure. 

But even with all of this going on, I'm still trying to keep my mind off of it all. I'm trying to stay positive and concentrate on the bigger picture - being able to go back to school this week for the first time in a year. I'm worried that I might not even make it to my first day if my fever doesn't go away soon. Imagine that, missing a year of school and then on what's supposed to be your first day back, you can't even go. I just want to be able to see people again! 

Nobody deserves a chronic illness. It's just something that happens to come along and completely change our lives. There's a lot of great research into Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) that is going on. They're looking at the role of gut bacterias in the development of IBD, various genes that may play a role, and coming up with new ways of targeting specific factors in IBD. I always hold on to the hope that one day maybe there will be a cure, or at least a treatment that keeps it in remission. That's why I donated my colon to research, so that it might help to discover a cure or better treatments. 

I might not be able to personally offer a cure to help others with the disease, but I can do something to help make it easier for kids needing treatment. Jacob's Healing Rooms is something positive that I can do with the cards that I have been dealt in this life. It's my way of making the best out of a really "dirty old disease". I want to help kids remain hopeful, and feel encouraged along their healing journey. In order to do this, I need your help. Please support and donate to Jacob's Healing Rooms to make my wish to help other sick kids come true. 

*To make a donation to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS click HERE*


No comments:

Post a Comment