Saturday, October 24, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/24/2015): "Cheerleader" by Omi

Today's song is inspired by the effects of cheer and happiness. I have picked "Cheerleader" by Omi. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


I absolutely love the trumpet solo in this song. It just makes my spirits go sky high!

Cheer. It's something that inspires, that encourages, and that makes us feel good. We all need some Cheerleaders in our corner. Do you have any special cheerleaders in your life?

I do. Every person who reads my blog, reads my tweets or clicks like on my Facebook posts is a cheerleader to me. They make me feel special when I most need their support, they go out of their way to tell me that they care. Yesterday I received so much support from "my cheerleading squad" while going through surgery #13 that it made me feel so special. It made me realize that simple words of encouragement have so much power to turn someone's day completely around. A kind word can make a huge difference to someone who is struggling. And we all have this power to spread kindness. We all have the power to become one another's cheerleaders.

I think of myself as being like a cheerleader. I'm hoping to spread cheer, encouragement and hope to other sick kids. I'm hoping that the changes that I make to the outpatient treatment rooms at the hospital will help these kids feel special while receiving their IV treatments. I'm hoping that by spreading messages of kindness and anti-bullying I can make this world a bit nicer of a world to live in and let others know that I'm in their corner. I want to be able to say at the end of the day that I made a difference in this game of life.

Thank you for being there to cheer me on with this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment