Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/14/2015): "Something Big" by Shawn Mendes

Today I chose a song that's been stuck in my head on and off for what feels like years. It's "Something Big" by Shawn Mendes. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


Do you ever get the feeling that you're on the brink of really scoring a major breakthrough with whatever it is you're working on/struggling with? Or that feeling that there's something bigger waiting for you just over the next hill? That's how I'm feeling today. I'm feeling hopeful and determined.

Yesterday, I had an "a-ha" moment, or as Einstein would say "Eureka!". I'm fundraising right now to make child-friendly outpatient treatment rooms at my local Children's Hospital (Sick Kids), but what do I do after I've accomplished my "Before-I-Die" wish? I'm only 11, so I know that there is so much more out there for me. There's so many people that need help in this world. At school, they make us read the newspapers for current events, and there's just so much negativity. It's rare that a positive story, other than the Toronto Blue Jays, makes front page news. That's why I was so surprised and thankful when my Jacob's Healing Rooms story was featured by my local paper. I think that positivity goes a very long way in everyone's life, and it is an absolute must for coping with a chronic disease. I know that if I had treated everything I've gone through so far with Crohn's - the 12 surgeries, the failed treatments, the complications of treatment - negatively, it would only make me miserable. And who wants to live like that?

So where do I go once I've seen my dream of Jacob's Healing Rooms come true? I'm not quite sure yet, other than knowing that it will be something to spread kindness, to give back to others, to encourage more positivity in this world. I'm still quite a ways from my fundraising goal of $60,000 (We're at $4400) to create child-friendly places of hope and healing, but I feel something big happening and it's really exciting. I know that whatever comes next, it's going to be just as awesome!

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment