Wednesday, December 30, 2015

With a Little Help From My Friends

Friendship. I have the most amazing friends who go way above and beyond with their kindness and generosity. My classmates for example have become such huge supporters, something that I didn't think would ever happen with my history of being bullied at school. I used to dread going to school each and every day, even though I love learning. Now I just can't wait to get back to school.

My classmates have been following my journey on my blog since I haven't been to school to tell anyone what's been going on. I love being able to share what my experience of being a child with an incurable illness is like. I think that it helps both of us; my classmates learn about the challenges people with disabilities face and I get encouragement from them to continue my long fight.

One of my school friends, Sadie, asked if she could do a special fundraiser this Christmas for Jacob's Healing Rooms. Sadie is a very talented, kind-hearted, 12 year old who I'm lucky enough to call a friend. Sadie decided to put her amazing artistic talents to work to create absolutely stunning Christmas cards that she put a lot of time and effort into making. And then something else great happened.

Sadie's Star
Sadie's Snowman

Sadie's Heart (My Favourite)



Two of Sadie's friends, Nicholas and James, decided that they would also like to help Sadie raise money for Jacob's Healing Rooms. This is such an awesome example of how one kind act can lead to another. Sadie, Nicholas and James are perfect examples of what I hope to do with Jacob's Healing Rooms on a larger scale - to inspire others to do their own acts of kindness. I'd love to create a giant "snowball of kindness".

Together, Sadie, James and Nicholas raised $320!! I want to say a giant thank you to them and everyone who purchased cards from them. This type of generosity is what is making Jacob's Healing Rooms such a success. Never stop with that giving spirit guys, kindness conquers all!

No comments:

Post a Comment