Friday, November 20, 2015

The Day After

I'm alive, or at least that's what my heart monitor tells me every nanosecond that it beeps. It's been a VERY long day recovering from surgery #14. I've actually been up since about 3am, you have to love when you just can't get comfortable. I've been in A LOT of pain and today's busy activities didn't help any at making it better. 



Early this morning they decided that they would do my ultrasound to check out my bottom. Well, apparently checking out your bottom really means directly checking out your bottom with the wand. Without anything to relax you, or for pain. I have a new "most dreaded" hospital procedure (and anyone who knows me knows how much I hate the NG Feeding Tube). The kicker was that they couldn't get a really great visual on it because of the pain during it and not being able to get the probe into a good spot to have a good look around. But I guess the doctors saw enough because they said they didn't see a reason why I was passing so many blood clots. Awesome that you didn't see anything in there, but I'd love to know why I can't sit or stand without a lot of pain and pressure, and why all of a sudden for the first time in 3 years I'm passing clots.... things that make you scratch your head and wonder. 

I was in sooo much pain after the ultrasound, I had tears streaming and was crying out in pain the entire time. 

Then came time for the dressing change over the GTube (feeding tube) site. I forgot exactly how much it hurt to have dressing changes done. I've got two more to look forward to tomorrow. I'll try to hold back my excitement about that. 

I finally was able to get some Tylenol for my pain in the late afternoon, but truth be told, it didn't do anything for the pain. I'm trying so hard to pretend to be ok, I've told them that I've been in severe pain a few times today but have to try to get used to it on my own. I'm really hoping it gets better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment