Thursday, November 19, 2015

Operating Room Trip #14 - I came, I saw, I got "tubed".

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. It's weird going to bed and knowing that your entire life is going to change the following day. It's strangely exciting and worrisome at the same time. Today is going to help improve things in my life.




One of the problems with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) can be some pretty stellar weight lost. I don't recommend this weight loss plan though. I've had 4 hospitalizations in 3 years because of my nutrition and weight loss, which can happen pretty quickly when you have problems getting food in and digesting it. Because my Crohn's Disease is the worst in my stomach and duodenum, daily nausea and vomiting have been a huge issue for me, and I have a hard time digesting foods properly. Which also means I'm not getting the full nutrient value of the food. If I don't get the nutrients, I can't grow correctly. Sometimes when I am having a really bad flare of my Crohn's (above my normal flare), the doctors take away solid food and I get my nutrition only through my feeding tube. This helps to give my stomach and small intestine a chance to heal. Since February I have had tube feedings daily through a Naso-Gastric (NG) tube, fed up my nose and into my stomach. It's one of my most hated procedures. I'd even rather have bloodwork. It's not that it's painful, it's just the feeling of it going up the nose and then down the back of your throat. Ugh, heebie, jeebies.

After 9 months with an NG tube, we've decided that nutrition is going to be a long-term problem. Today I took the step of allowing them to surgically place a gastrostomy tube (GTube). It's kinda cool since it's like a body piercing, only it's in my stomach and has a tube sticking out the middle. The "hole" will heal to form a tunnel straight from my skin and into my stomach. Awesome science at work. But it also means that I have something else taped to my body other than just my ostomy bag.

Surgery went well. The doctors still called me "medically interesting" because they couldn't place the tube in the usual spot because my rib was in the way and my stomach was too far over. So they had to place it more in the middle, but that was the only glitch today. My heart's running fast tonight but they're watching me closely and cardio is supposed to come around and have their poke and prod with the rest of the medical gang.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life and I'm quite excited about that future. I was able to see my favorite clown who came by for a visit and he heard about my $1 donation campaign for Jacob's Healing Rooms to make child-friendly outpatient treatment rooms and gave me a donation! It helped to lift my spirits to still be working on my fundraising even while recovering from surgery.

Speaking of recovery, the pain is starting to hit. It's time for me to get some much needed rest finally.

Huge Hugs Going to Everyone!


3 comments:


  1. Let me start by asking you this simple question...

    Ever dreamt of becoming a Skilled Healer with the
    ability to heal yourself and others?

    A Reiki Master?

    Well, if you’re like most people...

    ...you’re probably saying, “yes, of course”.

    But, there are only two things stopping you...

    Time And Money.

    Look anywhere, you’ll find many ways of learning
    Reiki.

    Internet Courses and Local Reiki Classes among
    others...

    ...All of which have something in common:

    They charge Thousands of Dollars...

    ...and require years of grueling training.

    After all, doesn’t mastery in ANYTHING require that?

    Well, it turns out, NOT REALLY?

    This guy, Owen Coleman, a Reiki Master himself,
    teaches people to become Reiki Masters.

    And HATES the idea that it should take a long time
    and be expensive.

    And with his research, he uncovered WHY it should
    be EASY and FAST to start producing Reiki results.

    In as little as 48 hours.

    The more you use it, the better you get.

    But most people spend over a YEAR to get results
    while shows you how to do it in DAYS... if not
    HOURS.

    [Take a look at what he uncovered here...]

    Yours Truly,
    Mr Ana

    P.S. - Owen is offering a special training that
    won't be around forever.

    He's planning on releasing his training methods on
    a large scale.

    But for now, it is invitation only.

    So, if I were you, I'd take advantage of that as well.

    Look forward to hearing from you!

    [Click here now Miracle results in days....]

    ReplyDelete

  2. Greetings to every one that is reading this testimony. I was HERPES positive for 5years and all the means i tried for treatment was not helpful to me, but when i came on the Internet i saw great testimony about DR omohan on how he was able to cure someone from HERPES, and any disease this person said great things about this man, and advice we contact him forany problem that DR omohan can be of help, well i decided to give him a try, he requested for my information which i sent to him, and he told me he was going to prepare for me a healing portion, which he wanted me to take for days, and after which i should go back to the hospital for check up, well after taking all the treatment sent to me by DR omohan i went back to the Hospital for check up, and now i have been confirmed HERPES Negative, friends you can reach DR omohan on any treatment for any Disease, reach him on Email (dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com) whatsapp number (+2348164816038)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was depressed when doctor told me that I have been diagnosed with Herpes disease… I thought about my Family, I know my Family will face a serious problem when I'm gone, I lost hope and I wept all day, but one day I was searching the internet I found Dr.ezomo contact number. +2349069171173 I called him and he guided me. I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for my health. Thank God, now everything is fine, I'm cured by Dr.ezomo herbal medicine, I'm very thankful to Dr.ezomo and very happy with my hubby and family. email him on dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
    He can also cure so many sickness
    {1}HIV And AIDS
    {2}Diabetes
    {3}Epilepsy
    {4}Blood Cancer
    {5}HPV
    {7}ALS
    {8}Hepatitis

    ReplyDelete