Monday, November 9, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (11/09/2015): "The Show Must Go On" by Queen

Even when everything in life seems so wrong, it's important to keep moving forward. Today's song is the perfect one to remind us all that life does continue, "The Show Must Go On" by Queen. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


This is a big week for me. On Thursday, I go to the GI doctor to get back my biopsies and the results of the latest set of scopes. I'm hoping that the doctor can come up with a new plan to help make my symptoms a bit less interfering in my life but at the same time I'm worried that nothing will change. And I need a change. 

I'm not the easiest patient. My body likes to give funky reactions to a lot of treatments. A lot of treatments just don't work. There is no easy fix to get me back to wellness. It's frustrating for me, and I'm sure it's frustrating for the doctors when their amazing plans start to fall apart. I'm sure that my complaints get "old" since I repeat pretty much the same thing at every visit. But my complaints are important in my life. I want to be able to go to school, go hang out with friends but those things are pretty difficult with how I'm feeling. I'd love to be able to go back to Scouts and be able to participate. I need a treatment plan that's going to help me get back on my feet with some amount of quality of life again. 

The show must go on. Regardless of what happens later this week, the show has to keep going on. Today is the perfect example. I had an interview with my local newspaper today and was in tears 10 minutes before it was scheduled because I was feeling that horrible. I even told my mom that I might need an ER trip today. However, since the show must go on and this interview was super-important, I decided to put on my best acting skills and pretend that I could actually get through. I had a fantastic time talking all about the ByStander Revolution anti-bullying campaign, Crohn's & Colitis Awareness Month, and Jacob's Healing Rooms. It was proof to myself that I can still work to make a difference even though I'm feeling so rough. 

"I guess I'm learning/I must be warmer now/I'll soon be turning round the corner now"


No comments:

Post a Comment