Thursday, October 22, 2015

Jacob's Song Pick of the Day (10/22/2015): "Learnalilgivinanlovin" by Gotye

Today's pick is inspired by something very important to me, spreading kindness and inspiring others to come up with their own way of making a positive difference in this world. Today's song is "Learnalilgivinanlovin" by Gotye. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:



"What's the use of keeping/all the good things that you've found to yourself?/Learn a little, learn a little/Learn a little givin'/Learn a little, learn a little/Learn a little lovin'" This song's lyrics are so powerful. Did you know that by giving to others, not only helps the person you're giving to, but it also makes you feel good? I know that on my bad health days helping others distracts me from the pain and reminds me that I'm doing something positive with my life. Every "like" or "favorite" that I get on a post, a very simple thing to do, makes me smile a bit bigger. Every "like" means that I have touched someone's life, and that's all I can ask for. I couldn't ask for anything better than knowing that I made a difference.

On Tuesday December 1, 2015 I will be participating in GivingTuesday, a day to encourage others to donate to their favorite charity and help make a positive difference in this world. I hope that you will consider supporting Jacob's Healing Rooms at The Hospital for Sick Children (Sick Kids), my wish to help other kids who are sick. Jacob's Healing Rooms is raising funds to create child-friendly outpatient treatment rooms to help inspire hope and healing. Together we can make a difference in the lives of these kids!

*To make a DONATION to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*



No comments:

Post a Comment