Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/21/2015):"Back to the Future" conducted by Alan Silvestri

Today's song is in honor of a trilogy of movies made way before I was born, but that I have just come to enjoy - "Back to the Future" as conducted by Alan Silvestri. Have a listen and read why I chose this today (other than the obvious!):


Today is the day that Marty McFly dreamed of in the future. What do you see when you think to the future? What are the big things that you want to see changed, the things that you want to see created? How do you see the problems of the world changing in the next 100 years?

I know what I want. I want a world where there is no such thing as an incurable disease. A world without frequent bloodtest pokes, IVs being inserted and then just as quickly blowing, and failed treatments. A world where people can get easy access to affordable medications and treatments, so that they don't have to worry about poverty along with their health. A world based on understanding, compassion for one another and respect for everyone regardless of "what" they are. A world that doesn't put labels on people, but recognizes each person as an individual. I want a world where you can be free to be who you are without any fear.

My mother and I debate fate and destiny all the time. I believe in fate because I believe that each individual is here for a reason. I believe that I may have been meant to go through this so that I could take the lessons learned and help others. But I also believe in the power of choice in your actions. You can choose kindness at any time. Kindness can be as simple as holding the door for the next person coming through, or smiling at someone and saying "hello". Those small actions just might make a BIG difference in someone's day. Consider ways of paying forward other people's kindness, if we spread one kind action a day, our world could be that much more amazing. I hope that my Jacob's Healing Rooms project will inspire other people, especially kids, to make a positive change in the world in their own way.

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment