Saturday, October 17, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/17/2015): "I Can't Feel My Face" by The Weeknd

Today's song pick is inspired by something amazing that happened in a Tim Horton's donut shop yesterday. The song is "I Can't Feel My Face When I'm With You" by The Weeknd. Have a listen and read why this is my song pick today:


Even though The Weeknd is singing about love, to me this song has a bit of a different meaning, after all I'm too young to know about that type of love. To me, this song is about being so over-the-top happy that your face goes completely numb from all of the smiling. This happened to me yesterday at a Tim Horton's.

It started simple enough. After my family had ordered, I decided that I did want something after all and went to stand in line. The server gave me my change, and then something incredible happened. I donated my change to the charity box at the register, then went back to join my family. As we were leaving, the server came up to me with a gift card from another customer who had been touched by my simple act of kindness. You might think that this is the end of the story but it's not. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm always trying to think of ways to help others. That's why I'm blogging in the first place - to be able to help other sick kids on their treatment days.

This simple act of kindness inside a Tim Horton's has inspired me to pay it forward even more. Next week I will be going into Toronto for surgery #13. I've decided to make this stranger's amazing kindness even bigger; I'm going to give away my gift card to a person in need. It's a change the world with kindness type of thing!

*To DONATE to help make my wish to help other sick children come true, please click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment