Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day (10/07/2015): "The Sun" by Maroon 5

Today's song is inspired by friendship; "The Sun" by Maroon 5. Have a listen and read why I chose this song today:


Man, I really wish I had gone to this concert when Maroon 5 was in Toronto earlier this year. It would have been awesome I'm sure. Anyway, today's song as I mentioned is inspired by friendship. I miss my friends. Today was supposed to be my first day back to school in almost a year (my last full day was Halloween last year). Instead of catching up with my friends, I'm home fighting a nasty bug that I picked up. I just want to go back to school. It's been a year of not seeing my friends for longer than a few minutes at a time. And it's hard. It takes a toll on me. I need my friends to help me escape all the "other stuff" that goes on with being so sick all the time. My friends are like fireflies, they help to give me a little spark of light, which gives me a tiny bit of energy to have the strength to get through the tough days. I need my friends so that I can be a kid again. So that I can be reminded that there is life outside of a hospital or medical office.

I was recently asked by a twitter follower about advice I would give on how someone could be an #IBDFriend. An #IBDFriend is someone who supports us (people living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease/Crohn's/Ulcerative Colitis), who listens to our "war stories" and is just there as that helping hand we may need to get out of a hole. It's someone who understands that we are trying our best and that sometimes even trying our best is a challenge. They don't get upset if we cancel plans at the last minute or can't do certain activities with them. An #IBDFriend offers kindness and reminds us that we need to hold on to hope when we feel that our hope is being shattered.

I'm trying to be an IBDFriend to other kids living with Inflammatory Bowel Disease. Jacob's Healing Rooms is my offer of kindness and friendship to kids who are going through outpatient IV treatments for IBD. Having a supportive healing environment to receive treatment in will help to bring hope for brighter days to us sick kids. Please help me make my wish of creating Jacob's Healing Rooms come true.

*To DONATE to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS please click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment