Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Today's Song Pick of the Day (9/29/2015): "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City

Today's song pick is something cute and fun in honor of my friends, I miss you! Today's pick is "When Can I See You Again?" by Owl City. Have a listen and read why I picked this song today:


Cute, right? I miss my friends. My last full day of school was Halloween last year, since then all my schoolwork has been sent to me in a binder to figure out on my own (good thing I'm gifted!) and all my social life has been whatever e-mails happen to get sent my way, or with the other kids at the hospital. I've missed a lot of school, a lot of class trips and a lot of time to make friendships. In grade 4, I missed 74 days of school, when I was just starting off at a brand new school. Then in grade 5, I missed 76 days. Last year, I might have had 15 days that I made it for. I also missed the weekend class field trip. I haven't gone to school (for class time) yet this year. The school is making up a "health safety plan" so that they know how to help me should something go wrong. In the meantime, it's me and my binder.

Yesterday I went and did something that I haven't had done since Grade 3, I showed up for class pictures. It was overwhelming to see all my friends for the first time in forever. It was really great though to know that they haven't forgotten about me. In fact, my wonderful classmates are planning to do a school-wide fundraiser to help Jacob's Healing Rooms. They even brought in my news interview on Jacob's Healing Rooms and put it up in the class and school. I was really nervous about how I would fit back in since I've missed so much. Now, I'm really looking forward to getting back, so all I ask is:

"When can I see you again?"

*To make a donation to JACOB'S HEALING ROOMS click HERE*

No comments:

Post a Comment