Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Jacob's Song of the Day: "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts

Today's song pick of the day carries a very meaningful message, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. Have a listen and read below why this is my song of the day:



"My wish for you/Is that this life becomes all that you want it to/You're dreams stay big and your worries stay small/You never need to carry more than you can hold". Everybody has dreams and wishes, it's what inspires our actions. There is no bigger dream to me than being able to say "I helped make a difference". Our lives are short, a point that I was reminded of when I started having heart problems. Focusing on what is within our control and trying to live in the moment, has become that much more real to me. The cold hearted truth is, no one knows when the end is going to come. If we wait until tomorrow to fulfill our dreams,we may never see them come to life. If we wait until tomorrow to do our part to do something positive, we may have missed our chance to change the world. Yes, I'm still only an 11 year old child and it's harder to get my voice heard but I can still make a difference. 

"I hope you always forgive and you never regret/And you help somebody every chance you get". Words to live by. My great-grandfather taught me a lot about giving. He would do anything, for anyone, at any time. He was the type of person who would give away the shirt on his back if he hadn't already given it away. I miss him a lot but I know that he'd be looking down smiling at my determination to give back to the world. See, he knew that even though I might be young that I could still help others. I can still use my voice to talk about my experiences and the need for more research; I can still host fundraisers and walk in my "Cause" walks like the Gutsy Walk; I can still make the world around me a better place just by showing kindness and compassion. Giving makes me feel like I have a purpose, an importance of some kind and that I am needed. Don't we all want to feel this way? 


No comments:

Post a Comment